Baca Street Halloween Party!
The fun-loving merchants in the Baca Street Arts District are at it again – this time, they are cooking up an awesome Halloween block party!
Join us on Saturday, Oct. 29, from 4 – 8 p.m. for tricks, treats, art, and humor from the funny guys from Wayward Comedy. The party starts at the intersection of Baca and Cerrillos; from there, it’s an easy quarter mile walk west to the participating establishments.
At Art.i.fact, we’re excited to host local artist Ysidro Barela, whose work can be seen at Meow Wolf. Ysidro is a Chicanx artist who was born and raised in El Paso. Ysidro graduated from Santa Fe University of Art & Design with a BFA in photography, and focuses work based on gender, race, family trauma, and mental illness. At Art.i.fact, Ysidro will create a spectacular Day of the Dead alter.
“I am using this piece to educate the general public on what Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is, where it came from, and the importance of the old Mexican holiday to Mexico and its indigenous peoples,” Ysidro says.
Other participating establishments include:
- Molecule Design, 1226 Flagman Way: Ongoing design show, costumes, and trick-or-treat candy
- La Containerista, 1125 Cerrillos Rd.: Halloween sweets & Day of the Dead treats
- counter culture cafe, 930 Baca St.: Live entertainment
- Natural Stones, 930 Baca St.: Free gemstone grab-bags
- Hyperclash, 926 Baca St., #1: Halloween installation by Aleta Burchyski, 20% off sale, trick-or-treats
- Liquid Light Glass Studio and Gallery , 926 Baca St.. #3: Halloween glass blowing demos, glass pumpkins, and Day of the Dead altar
- Mother Root, 926 Baca St. # 5: 20% off sale, art opening, cider, and treats
- Gray Matter Art + Artifacts, 926 Baca St., #6: Reception for ceramic artist Patty Mara Gourley and animal bone sculptor Jay Tincher; power tool pumpkin carving
Suit up in your best costume. Bring the kids and the pets. The Baca Street Arts District Halloween Party has something for everyone!